Week 6 Learning Journal
Part 1: Help Your Teammates to Develop Capstone Ideas
To discuss our capstone ideas our team decided to direct message each other in our slack chat and have a collaborative conversation pitching our ideas and giving feedback. During this conversation we gave feedback to each other to narrow down ideas since we all had a lot of possibilities. One project pitch that stood out to me was a Smart Trail Recommender for people to enjoy new hiking spots based on weather, fitness level, terrain. This was a interesting idea because its technical and can incorporate modern technologies like AI or ML but also has a simple goal which is to encourage fitness. I could see this being a useful tool for people who don't want to spend ours researching spots, they could have a app do it for them and just focus on a healthy lifestyle.
Part 2: Keep Up With Your Learning Journal
I enjoyed this weeks activities because we were able to put things in to perspective building cover letters and resumes. I myself have had trouble pitching or selling myself without including a lot of jargon. Competing the cover letter especially helped me understand what employers are looking for in the cover letter and how to figure out what to include. I think this will be useful in the near future as I apply for internship opportunities where cover letters can make me a stronger candite.
Comments
Post a Comment