Week 3


The study topic I decided to reflect on because it's something I want to improve is Time management. Currently my time management skills are not bad when it comes to education and completing school related work. My struggle is once I start school I forgot to allocate time to things like looking for internships, studying leetcode or interview practice and the other side of building a career. Post reading the academic tips from section “how to be a good student”, what stuck with me was “not taking on more than you can handle. I want to build a concise schedule that isn't too niche and allows me to get work done in the way that I complete it. This is something I have been working on and using a simple notebook to write down my goals of completion for the next day and or the day off has been well working. I will continue to do this so I can become a strong and organized student.



My learning from this week was heavily related to the understanding of Ethics in a professional setting. As a student who is interested in deepening knowledge on Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning I found it interesting to learn about what people worry about when it comes to AI. One topic of discussion that stuck with me was the ethical implication of AI spreading false information called “fake news”. The worry is vulnerable individuals will be influenced to make politically incorrect decisions and or make meaningful decisions to one's life. The implications of this can trickle to others having a negative impact on society. 



Reading "What Every Computer Science Major Should Know" helped me see that being successful in computer science is about much more than just getting good grades. One of the biggest takeaways was the importance of building a portfolio with actual projects and code that shows what I can really do, instead of relying only on a resume or GPA. The article also made me think about how important it is to improve my communication skills, especially being able to explain technical ideas clearly to others who might not be programmers. I realized that learning different programming languages, tools like Unix, and understanding how systems work are all important parts of becoming a well-rounded computer scientist. Overall, this reading motivated me to keep pushing myself to learn new skills, work on real projects, and improve both my technical and communication abilities, which will help me in school and in my future career.



To myself, integrity is important because that's what gives us our personable character. My personal perspective on programming is like an art, we sit and try to think outside the box and our finished product is like a finished art piece. If we take someone's work and claim it as our own that only hinders our own growth. For example if you steal a solution and someone asks you to replicate it in a different scenario you more than likely would struggle. Integrity means to learn for yourself because misuse will only take you so far. 


Comments