Part One: Set Your Educational Goals
After completing the module readings my educational goals align with performing well digesting the content and material assigned throughout the cohort. In terms of specific goals I want to learn and be strong in data structures and algorithms to master problem solving. This will translate well to debugging issues presented on the job. My goal is to study every day on this by doing practice problems in leetcode, hankerrank and on open katitis. I currently attend the programming team on Fridays and here we get help from professors and peers who coach us on our technical skills. I too want to learn about machine learning which is something I will do outside of school through free courses. I would like to contribute to building ML Models on a large scale but of course starting small is how we start.
Part Two: Set Your Career Goals:
My early career goal is to work as a Full Stack Engineer whether it is a startup or established company. I would like to work in finance contributing to investment platforms for business or consumers. I would like to contribute to something that positively helps society so another industry that interests me is the medical field. Once I have gotten professional experience as a developer I would like to deepen my knowledge and work in some form of Machine Learning subfield. This could be Artificial Intelligence, Large Language Models, understandably these are far fetched but this is genuine interest.
Part Three: Take a wild guess of your percentile of the ETS Computer Science Test
As of right now I would give myself 60-75 if I were to take the test in 18 months from now. I am working at improving my deeper knowledge of computer science to improve technical skills and technical way of thinking. I stated in my education goals I want to really improve my data structures and algorithms on an advanced level and I will set time to study these topics. I currently practice using coding platforms like leetcode and am working on soft skills through coursework and networking. Alongside this focusing on my education will be my way of getting a good score on the ETS.
Part Four: Keep Up With Your Learning Journal
From this week's activities I learned I need to get more organized and structured to plan out how I will achieve my academic and career goals. Firstly I got a journal that will act as a goal planner for each day set the night before as it's a simple way to introduce myself. If it doesn't work I will adjust to weekly goals and incorporate my homework of course to specify my blocks of time dedicated to each task.
Hello Chris,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job crafting a well-thought-out education and career goals. If you don’t have any prior work experience in the field, starting with an internship might be a great idea.