Week 03

 Code review of Anthony Martinez & Josh Goldberg

The overall structure and organization of code matches the project outline. All TODOs are complete and team members have consistently completed what’s required. For both reviews all tests pass without any issues, so not much feedback was given aside from continuing this format moving forward.


One team member stated my code had formatting issues; since then, I figured out how to properly import Google’s format file to auto-format all Java files. Another teammate pointed out more specific issues in my code. First, I needed a guard in my while loop to check if the guessed words’ size is the same as all words’ size, meaning all words are used and the loop should exit. Another issue was related to syntax, where I used System.err instead of System.out.println. I also failed to close the Scanner in one section, which could have been fixed using a try block so it would close properly. Lastly, getScore needed to return remainingGuesses + score, but I only returned score.


For my specific code reviews, there wasn’t much of a trend since the tests passed for both reviews.


For myself, some improvements could be to reread the project documentation and review my finished code against it to ensure alignment. I did not struggle with any of the tests and felt they passed smoothly. The main challenge came from small details like formatting and proper resource management, which I’ve since corrected. Overall, I’m satisfied with how my code performed, and I plan to continue refining my process to catch these smaller issues earlier. My biggest victory was the fact that I was able to complete it to my full potential and it didn't feel to hard.


Comments